Monday, October 17, 2005

Good Monday : )

Crazy is how I feel today~

My idea was to write something more on myself

A friend, a very well off artist, says she wrote her eating habits, music she liked~ People asked her these things

So, gosh,

My clothing, my music changes as often as my moods

For melancholy I like Portisehead, and the Stones

Van Morrison, Liz Phair's earliest works brings back memories of living in Seattle

and that song Euro trash girl~ cracks me up! Dunno who it is by~ don't remeber hearing it on the radio ever..hmm.

I have a funny story about Van Morrison. I was working at my restaurant and had a CD of his blaring and was alone, end of the day, cleaning a shelf behind the counter, back to the counter singing off key~ I have a great voice, but Van Morrison is not in my gendre'' and I turned around to him with that little bemused smirk he wears~ That was embarrassing! The joys of living in Marin~

Oh gosh, I love Acid Jazz~

older music my clear favorite is Billie Holiday, of course!

Jazz brings about most of my abstracts

old rock, my flowers~ LOL.

foreigner 4 and poppies

My husband recently complained that all I ever wear is jeans and tees

I reminded him that during the winter I added a sweatshirt to the ensemble!

hmm, fav color? Red.

What do I eat?

Well, if I haven't mentioned it before here, I am an alternative medicine nutritionist thanks to IET in N. California~ So, limited processed foods for the most part.

I am 35 years old, born in 1969 in December, a Sagittarius, which also comes out and touches the constellation I was named after, Eridanus.

I adore dogs and babies, not so much cats. They are my... Mya.

They walk on my wet paintings, stick their wet nose in my eye, and poop in a box in my home~ No thanks. And yes, I have one, sigh. His name is Jazz. I love him and all living creatures, just get dogs more than cats. Dogs eat mice not bring it home as a gift!

My dog, named after my first best friend was a wolf hybrid, husky mix. I think I got robbed cause besides her having a toe, she is small, and scared of her own tail. She gained weight with me when I got preggers which I thought was adorable. Could be the sudden lack of exercise but I like to think it was our strong bond, LOL.

Pregnancy was a hard deal for me. Bell's palsy, contractions and labor 4 months early, put on meds, and kept in bed. Had to work, and had just gotten married and moved an hour hour and a half away from the restaurant so I commuted three+ hours a day. Would fall asleep at the wheel constantly. Never stopped throwing up. Everything gave me a stomach ache~ except Jack n Box shakes : ) not my normal food LOL everyone thought the baby was going to be born green I ate so much spinach, and CRAVED dirt. Little mineral deficient~ lol.

What else can I tell you guys?

What makes me create what I do?

My thick abstracts? Mom didn't let me finger paint enough as a child` Just kidding! There is a LOT more to it then that. At a show a month or two ago some guy was hitting on me and at one point just stood there in a drunken stupor swaying forward and back and then Snap! comes to! and says I get it! You like squares and circles!

So there you have it folks, squares and circles.

What guides me through my abstracts are emotions~ I have been taught not to give my feelings "too much power" as they come and go so quickly, but, I like to capture those visions I have when I am laying in bed right before I fall asleep~ I do. I see most of my abstarcts before I paint them in a vision, or I open a new canvas and Alla Prima~ just start painting. I really love my abstracts, I know they are not for everyone, and I have developed quite a following with my flower series's` I like to add a lil abstarct into those too~

I find New Yorkers, and Chicago buy my abstracts, bless you, and Sacramento-ins purchase my flowers, poppies. More of a west crowd. For whatever that is worth.

OK desperatley trying to figure out why I am having such a SLOW month on Ebay all of my sales have been return customers~

I am giving 10% to charity, that is what I do, but I never felt comforatble telling people that, didn't want it to be a sales pitch~ But, I am seeing the red cross stealing monies, etc. and that makes me want to give DIRECT to those in need, which is what I do. I am seriously thinking about being a little lazy and having 10% of my auctions go to all these natural disasters, actually kind of proud that Red Cross discovered the people stealing? Kind of thought that they were all "trimming" a little off the top for themselves~ Now that I am physically working to prosper my community I think I would like to reach my help out a little further anyways.

Did I tell you guys I tried ACEO's this week? Those are cute and cheap.

Thought it would be fun, and nice to reach a wider audience, but besides that< I will be lucky if I make the money invested back so I am probably not going to do it long ;)

OK more about Eridanus Giffin for ya~

Thanks for even caring enough to read it!!