Friday, October 07, 2005

Yello all!

Just checkin in~

Just did a quick google search and my blog STILL does not come up under Eridanus Studios??

How is that possible?

OK been sick for over a week~ Got one from hubby that he got from work, then my step son comes home for the weekend with a cold~ Not too bad, but, my 3 year old has no voice :(

Did the architectural series this week, and two very nice commission jobs~ The sun below which I altered slightly, and the big architectural piece most of you saw already in my newsletter

I have most of - and all I am ever going to see again - of the paintings back from New York thank you, Enbarek! Plus my show is over here in town, so I have over 100 paintings in my home!

I am doing a small local show this weekend to honor the broadway area of downtown Sacramento with the Greater Broadway Partnership, it is an arts and crafts festival their 5th annual at 16th x Broadway in the Tower Records parking lot from 10-5 PM of course I will be there an hour early~

I have started putting some of my 35 mm pictures through photoshop which is such a blast!

I recently got asked by a local gallery to take some more photos of local Sacramento spots to hang in his gallery so I spent a couple of days shooting hundreds of rolls of film~ The land park ones are spectacular! It is just so beautiful there!

I plan to bring some to the art and craft festival this weekend along with my other photos of Yosemite, and Old Town that most of you who have seen me at a festival have seen~ If you haven't had a chance yet I do plan to put them back up for auction next month now that I have a decent way inwhich to watermark them~ Probably will keep the local photos to the local galleries and shows but I will let you know when the gallery shows them -at least the locals, I will let know- probably not until March 2006.

I also have been following up on my dreams to play with silver and make handcrafted jewelry, mainly pendants~ I have been doing beadwork since I was 5, and all my friends have at least one necklace and earring set from Christmas past~ So, if all goes well in the next day or two, I will be bring the pendants to the Broadway show and will be selling them online as well by next month! Very highly quality stuff! I am really excited about it!

I am also progressing towards making the hand painted glass ornaments I made last year for the holiday season~ I have some beautiful opaque colors I can't wait to try out this year!

Lastly, all of you who know me, know I go nuts with candy making around the holidays, but this year, I am going to do some donation work with the candy, making baskets of goodies and donating the profits to local charities~ Probably fishes and loaves since I respect their work so much! Usually, I just drive around with baskets and stick them in front of random door wells with a note saying to do the same to three others~ Random acts of kindness :) but this year, they will have more purpose, and I will be selling them at the Crocker Art Museum holiday festival, and South Port Coffee for starters~ I will probably find a local venue as well~ Will let you know after this next Chamber of Commerce meeting in Oct. maybe I will ask Joyce of the Doiron Galery to carry them in the N. Natomas Area~ ANyways, enough said! Soo much to do to set up for the Sunday event~ PLEASE PLEASE COME OUT AND SEE ME !!!

Thanks to all my colectors!!

Eridanus