Thursday, October 13, 2005

Well, I went for an interview with a local gallery, with about 30 paintings in the back of my car yesterday, to show them if they wanted, and to hang at the local Chamber of Commerce mixer that evening, and I park in a private parking lot un beknownst to me! My car gets towed the SECOND I am around the corner LITERALLY~
What a mess! $220. later, and all these broken frames in the back of the car, plus, I can't show the gallery my real work, only my portfolios.
It was like a bad movie, I walked up to where I had parked and there was another car there! yikes.
I called the police and reported it stolen....
Weird week. Still fighting being sick~ So is my poor son. Not a THING has sold on EBay all week which is mind numbing!


Planning a HUGE DECEMBER SECOND SATURDAY EVENT on Del Paso Blvd at 2135 Dale Ave. with Massa Peal Catering, Santa Claus, cookie decorating, painting for kids the whole nine yards :)
They will be lighting all of Del Paso Blvd with Christmas lights and then taking a ceremonial walk down to the galleries! It really will be a great night!



Considering just working for teh North Natomas Chamber as the coordinator to get events like this going, and make second saturday a hit again on Del Paso Blvd. as well as get the retail space filled and the community energetic again about that area. Maybe P/T so I can still paint and spend every waking second I can watching my son grow. As of right now, I offered my services gratis on the Second Saturday stuff because in the long run what benefits the community will benefit Carol's Second Saturday event and the entire art community out there.
Anyways, that is what came out of the North Sacramento UPTOWN Chamber of Commerce meeting Carol held last night at the kitchen.. really great event!
Now, why is it that my sales are so low on EBay and that this Blog still does not show up on google search engine?
hmmm...
anyone?
Can't respond Ha Ha!
I quit comments cause I was getting SPAM and people hitting on me?? Which was not the idea when I started this blog! It was to remind me where I was at when I painted what in my life later on "memiors" and to let you guys in on things and events in my life :)

Going up to Sonoma with my son in November~ I believe the 5th thru the 10th to see my girlfriends and attend holiday parties and show off my son.. It is my sponsors 20th year clean birthday and they are having a huge bash in Santa Rosa..yay.
Going to go stay with my bestist friend who took off and moved to .. someplace near San diego LOL I can't remember the name! and am going to stay there with Collin as well.
Lots of living on coaches for me and the kid ;)
Wanted to do the San Diego American Art Festival with my new family the Vitovsky's, drive down together, and stay together and sell our art kinda Bohemian week in San Diego but I don't see me pulling it off money wise~ I was set up to do the Crocker art Museum Holiday Festival but was just told they couldn't get the tent they were planning to so they are down 50 artists and I was one~ That too was a slap in the face because I am planning to do a summer show of the same caliber with Crocker Art Museum, and, because I got a personal invite to join the San Diego Harvest Festival by the owner and turned it down because they are the same dates~
Anyways, total ramblings here~

I started ACEO's today WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO TRY AND PAINT A PICTURE ON 2 1/2 INCHES???!!! LOL. But, I tried~ Got some really nice 4x6 paintings but 2 1/2 "s?!?! Playing cards are bigger! Oh never mind I know who thought of it! It was POOT! LOL. Dang her!

hey Albert, if you are reading this I saw your show started on J St. WOW! They look great hung like that!!!! BEAUTIFUL!Proud to say I know that artist ;)

OK mindless ramblings of a crazy woman

Actually if that were the case I would be writing about something entirely different! LOL.

You can't handle the truth!

LOL.

Yes, I know, Marissa, Random.